Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Horrific porch death

Murder

Whoa. Now that's a f*cking circle of life if I've ever seen one.

Am I right? Or are you too busy trying not to throw up? I know I am.

And I had to clean that shit up.

Should I have titled this post "Horrific porch death" or "Horrific porch murder"?

You tell me.

As you get a hold of yourselves, I'll give some background. We have three cats: Large, medium, and small. Also known as Peanut, Sugar, and Honey.

Honey is the athletic, adventurous one of the bunch. Today, she caught up with our dog Cricket for confirmed animal kills. The score is now tied at one.

This gruesome struggle for life - or lack thereof - took place approximately 10 feet away from my desk, where I was busy working diligently.

I followed Honey around later in the day and saw how she hunts. She hangs on our side porch, watching and waiting. When she feels like a bird is most vulnerable, she launches off the porch, takes a hop or two, and is on top of a bird in mere seconds.

Not sure how to feel about this.

But as a guy I work with said today, "Points for separated limbs."

No comments:

Post a Comment